One commonly-used definition for the concept of counseling is stated as the providing of guidance from a professional to an individual through the usage of psychological methods and analysis. In today’s
Master’s in Counseling Degrees
What is this degree/program of study about?A wide variety of master of counseling degrees are currently available, although most fall under the heading of a master of arts degrees. Such subject matters or courses of study include marriage and family therapy and professional counseling, which provides comprehensive training in the counseling profession and is aimed at allowing graduates to house the values, knowledge, and skills needed to work as an effective, compassionate professional counselor.
What does it take to earn this degree, and what will it result in for graduates?The typical master of counseling program may be completed in as little as two years, or four semesters. Prior to admission, students generally are expected to already have a bachelor’s degree, along with at least two to three undergraduate courses in psychology, as well as some prior experience with statistics. While candidates will find the opportunity to serve as a licensed professional counselor as a common career path post-graduation, settings for such a career (hospitals, private practice, etc.) can vary. The median annual wage for marriage and family therapists, for example, is $51,000, with job growth in the counseling field as a whole expected to reach 18 percent by 2018 (BLS.gov).
Counseling MS Degrees Online
- Bellevue University — MS in Clinical Counseling
- Capella University — MS in Addiction Counseling
- Capella University — MS in Counseling Psychology
- Capella University — MS in General Career Counseling
- Capella University — MS in Mental Health Counseling
- Capella University — MS in School Counseling
- Grand Canyon University — MS in Addiction Counseling
- Grand Canyon University — MS in Professional Counseling
- Mid-America Christian University — MS in Counseling
- Mid-America Christian University — MS in Counseling – Addiction and Substance Abuse
- Mid-America Christian University — MS in Counseling – Marital and Family Therapy
- Mid-America Christian University — MS in Counseling – Pastoral and Spiritual Direction
- University of Massachusetts — MS in Mental Health Counseling
- University of Massachusetts — MS in Rehabilitation Counseling
- University of the Southwest — MS in Mental Health Counseling
- Walden University — MS in Career Counseling
- Walden University — MS in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling – Forensic Counseling
- Walden University — MS in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling – Trauma and Crisis Counseling
- Walden University — MS in Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)
- Walden University — MS in Mental Health Counseling – Trauma and Crisis Counseling
Counseling MA, MEd Degrees Online
- Liberty University — MA in Pastoral Counseling
- Liberty University — MA in Professional Counseling
- Liberty University — MEd in School Counseling
- University of Massachusetts — MEd in School Counseling
Online Masters Degree Program Information
|The respected Liberty University offers a variety of accredited online masters degree programs. These programs follow industry-driven curriculum available in a convenient medium. Each course can be completed on a timeline comfortable to you. These degrees are designed for students who want to teach in general education or specialize in math or reading, those who want to further their career in nursing or accounting, or students who want to enter marriage & family therapy.
|Walden University has a huge variety of online, accredited Masters degrees to select from, including some of the most popular degrees like Nursing, Public Health, Accounting, Business Administration, and Psychology. In addition to being an affordable option for students, all of the Masters programs can be completed in under 2 years, making WU a quick way to advance your career.s
|Highly-rated and respected in the education industry, Boston University provides esteemed masters degree programs that specialize in various fields. These program use fast-paced curriculum, available through online courses to give students the option on where and what pace to complete their education. These online programs are designed for those who are interested in becoming a teacher in high level art courses, entering high level criminal justice positions, becoming a project manager, pursuing a career as an information systems analyst, being an IT manager, or playing a key role on the social work industry.
|Post University offers a degree at every level, which makes it an excellent choice for students no matter where they are in their college or professional careers. Moreover, Post University has several accredited Masters degree programs available through online courses which can be completed in as little as 18 months. Students will be able to pursue careers upon graduating in the fields of business administration, public administration, education, and human services.
|Kaplan University offers a huge range of accredited online masters degree programs. These programs offer a fast-paced curriculum and flexibility to students with busy or complex schedules since they can be completed at any computer in an environment of your choosing. These programs help students find positions that can influence public health policies, fill many high level positions in education, advance their career in teaching, become a psychologist further their nursing career, enter high level positions in the finance industry, fill leadership roles in governmental management or even public administration, or pursue a career in accounting.
|Click here to see more colleges offering online masters degrees|